Metrics - Recommendations for a successful upload
Create New Metrics one by one
From the Manage Section:
- Click Meetings in the menu bar
- Click on the gear icon (Edit Meeting) button to the right of your meeting
- Click Metric on the left
- Click the blue + to add a metric
- In the Add, a Metric pop-up, fill in basic information to create your new metric (Name, Owner, Unit label, Goal operator, Goal, any Formulas that are needed, and attach to any meeting(s)), then click Save to complete addition.
- If the metric already exists in another weekly meeting, you can share it with any other meeting. In the Add, a Metric pop-up, click on select existing metric at the top of the pop-up; search the title of your metric or the name of the owner, click to confirm selection, then click Save to complete addition.
From the Workspace:
- Click the + button that is at the top right of a Metric tile
- In the Add a Metric pop-up, fill in basic information to create your new Metric (Name, Owner, Unit label, Goal operator, Goal, any Formulas that are needed, and attach to any meeting(s), then click Save to complete addition.
Upload Several Metrics at once
- Click Meetings in the top menu bar.
- Click on the gear icon (Edit Meeting) button to the right of your meeting.
- Click Metric from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click Upload Metric at the top right of the screen.
- You can download our template by clicking on the green button that says ‘Download Template’ and using the steps provided.
- Fill the template with the information you want to upload to your Bloom Growth account and save the changes you made to the file (Save the file in CSV format).
- After saving the file, go to the Upload Metric section, click on where it says ‘No File chosen’, select the .csv file you saved, click Submit and follow the instructions.
- Click Submit and the next screen will allow you to map fields to the correct columns.
- Click and drag to select the range of cells desired per built-in Bloom Growth instructions. If you need to scroll down further on your screen press your "down arrow" key on your keyboard while your selection is still clicked on until you have selected all desired cells in the column.
- To select dates in the Metric, click and drag from left to right only the date ranges row. If you need to scroll further to the right of your screen press your "right arrow" key on your keyboard while your selection is still clicked on until you have selected all desired dates.
- You will be able to Preview your upload to make sure the data fields are mapped out correctly to Users, Metrics, Goal direction, date ranges, and weekly results.
- Uploading a metric does not append an existing metric, it creates a brand new metric (to attach an existing metric from other meetings see the last step of Create New Metrics one by one from the Manage section, at the top).
- Please upload a .csv file with a column for the title of your metric, the owner, the goal, and columns for your weekly data (if historical data is available).
- If you have historical data, please have a row with the week-start dates above your data (remove any blank rows above this).
- Use numerical goals (no alphabetic goals). Do not include symbols or goal directions (you will be able to select the goal direction during the upload).
- Utilize the complete number for more than 4 digits. Example: Use 20,000 instead of 20K.
- Input data in a weekly format (cannot combine it with monthly/quarterly data).
- Verify the dates are correctly formatted and sorted. Please note that data projections for future dates will not be recognized by the software as it only records historical and current week data.
- If you change the owner of the existing metric, the owner will change for every instance of this metric. When changing the owner, the admin will have to be updated as well through the Meeting Archive.
- If you are just beginning to use Bloom Growth, have an existing Metric document, and would like our assistance to upload your data, please send your Metric file to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take care of uploading the data for you.